The ALT successfully secured a grant from the Indigenous Land Corporation to undertake the preliminary assessment of redeveloping the ALT property at 50-64 Sussex St, North Adelaide. The site was used as a boarding home for Aboriginal women and children from across the state from 1926 until the 1970s and continued to be used as a hostel for women and children visiting Adelaide for treatment at the Women’s and Children’s Hospital until 2003. The site has been vacant for many years and is run down, and not suitable for refurbishment, as the design does not confirm to current building standards. The ALT is seeking to redevelop the site so that is can generate revenue not only for the ALT but for the Aboriginal community in South Australia. Many Aboriginal people have memories of the site, which were not always positive, and the ALT is also developing a community consultation process as the redevelopment moves forward. Please contact the ALT for more information.